Not for sympathy or pain, but to glorify Him

Monday, May 2, 2011

Hi! How are you?

How many times have you answered "fine," "good," or "great" to this question, only to hear that voice in your head scream the word "LIAR!!!"?  It's the answer we all give and it's the answer we all want to hear.  By hearing or giving the answer "good" there is no obligation.  We don't have to give or take any more information.  And it's easy.  It's easy because we don't have to open up and share how we really are doing.  We don't have to really listen to how someone else might be doing. 

Are we afraid?  Are we afraid that if people really knew how we are doing they might judge?  Laugh? Point? Hate? If people knew the real story, behind this mask that I wear, they might just walk away. 

I know that veil.  I've worn it my whole life.  And to an extent, I've worn it well.  But as days and years pass, I realize that I wasn't designed to hide behind a mask.  The veil was torn, and I was meant live ....well, to be honest, I don't know.  But what I do know is that I was not designed to hide. 

You may be surprised, if you follow this blog, by what you will read.  Some of you have never met me, but your story is very similar to mine.  Maybe you are struggling through something and are tired of saying "I'm fine."   I hope you are happily surprised to find there is someone who has been there and has survived.  Many of you may do know me, personally. You may find some things about me surprising, humorous, offensive, or just plain shocking.  It might change your opinion of me.

But, in obedience to the One who designed me, I'm going to remove my veil and share me.  This is a very big risk I'm taking.  And it's scary.  Yet it's been weighing on my heart for several years now, and it's time I do something.  I meet people all the time who benefit from hearing my story, and I hope this small blog will do the same. 

This is not an attempt to make myself look or feel better because I somehow "survive."  And it's not about pouring out the sad ramblings of a thirty-something.  This is about sharing me in attempt to glorify Him.  Plain and simple.  Besides, I'm not a sad thirty-something.  I'm truly happy.  You might even say I'm "fine."

No comments:

Post a Comment