Not for sympathy or pain, but to glorify Him

Monday, June 13, 2011

Crazy Hypocrite

For the past few years I have toyed with the thought that I am, indeed, going crazy.  Not just "oh, what a crazy day I'm having," but actual, certifiable crazy.  I can't think of any other way to describe how I feel about this roller coaster of emotion that I ride. 
Today is a perfect example.  The day started out well.  I had a nice, quiet morning and got several things accomplished.  I was confident about life and knew that everything was going to be alright.  I was in a good mood, got to sit down and play with my children, and was singing to myself.  But tonight I feel the absolute opposite.  I feel uncomfortable in my own skin and just want today to be all done.  I know several people have days like this.  But this is just a small illustration of my life. 
I seem to go from joyful, peaceful, and confident to anxious, depressed, uncomfortable, and unstable with no warning.  It is so unnerving that I don't know how to describe it.  And even as I type these words, I worry that one of you is going to send someone over with the straight jacket. 
Why is life this way?  How can I be so filled with hope one day and ready to scream at God the next?  I'm sure that even just by reading this blog you are wondering the same thing.  Wait a minute....wasn't this the person who was trying to give us hope in her last post?  Wasn't she just talking about the bigger picture?  Sometimes I don't even recognize myself when my emotions flop. 
This is a pattern.  It goes on and on for as long as I can remember.  If you read my journals, you would notice the same pattern.  Days of happiness, praise, and confidence followed by days of hopeless ramblings and questions about why life is so tough.  Times of life filled with faith, hope, and trust that travel into times of uncertainty, pain, and anger.  It makes me feel like the biggest hypocrite.  What kind of a person can have such faith and feel like I do?   What kind of a woman speaks of truth and hope and happy endings, but breaks down from the discomfort in her own life? 
Then the low self-esteem and low self-worth start whispering to me.  And from there it is all down hill.  I am so tired.  I am tired of riding this ride and wondering when I can get off.
Bi-polar? Crazy? Just tired? In need of a glass of wine? Or....simply a hypocrite?.....

No comments:

Post a Comment