Not for sympathy or pain, but to glorify Him

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Straight from my Journal (part 2)

August 18, 2011

Pure joy!  In the past few days I have been blessed by the hand of the Lord. 
I first noticed His hand after a swiftly answered prayer.  I had been struggling with a situation between a new friend and a group that I am a part of.  As the struggle continued and this person continued to let me down, I had received instruction from someone else as to how to hand the situation.  Of course nothing like this occurs in a vaccum and there was a lot of chatter and pressure surrounding the circumstance.  Most, if not all, of my words and actions were prayed through.  However, it eventually got to the point I had to take action.  I felt awful about what I had to do, so I spent some quiet driving time praying over the situation.  I wanted to love this person and treat her gently, but I knew it would not be received as such.  I prayed that God would take control of the situation and somehow be glorified in the midst of such junk.
After arriving back home, I began cooking and drafting the letter that I was instructed to write, in my head.  Five minutes later, a friend called.  She asked if I had written the certified letter yet.  When I explained I was still praying through it, she said I didn't need to; the situation had been resolved (the person had resigned).  Praise God!  He had answered my prayer! (Not that I had asked for that solution...just a solution.) He sees me and His hand was on me! - There was/is still "fall-out" from the situation, but I know God has it all under control!
Pure joy has filled me through my children, the past few days.  Even in the midst of tough parenting, rough community/social circumstances, roller-coaster faith and hope, and pure mental exhaustion, I have been bursting with the joy living and loving my children brings.
We've had some really great, bright, sunny weather the past few days.  This always brightens our moods.  The other day I filled up the kids' pool and decided I would put on my suit too!  Zach didn't want to get in, at first, so it was just Sarah, Anna and Mommy.  We were dancing and singing in the water and had the most silly, fun time.  It was so beautiful outside and I was just in awe of the girls' smiles and how beautiful they were.  Eventually, Zach joined us and I was just struck by how happy and joyful I was to play with them and just stand back and watch them splash and laugh and play.  Pure Joy!  All the yuck and trial faded as I was overcome with the feeling of blessing and true love for my family.  Only God can fill someone in such a way that can overcome all the crap in my life, right now.
And now I find myself looking for this joy all the time.  I have been so distracted by trials, tribulations, and this never-ending season that I have missed a lot of opportunities for joy.  I've caught glimpses of joy, but not as fully as I've experienced it lately.  What the enemy has tried to rob from me, the Lord has restored and brought the victory.
We've spent afternoons by the lakes, and I've been able to just relax and enjoy my family.  The area we live in is so amazing.  It is the perfect back drop for enjoying my children and husband.
Another situation that showed the hand of God actually happened to Jason.  He was sitting at the stop light just outside of Mossyrock, waiting to cross Highway 12.  When he looked over, a log truck was trying to stop for the light, but was going too fast.  It jack-knifed and the trailer was sliding through the dirt and ditch - right at Jason!  If he would have stayed put, if he had not seen the trailer, he would have been hit by the log trailer.  But God let him see it in time and he backed up and out of the way.  Praise God and His perfect, mighty hand.  His hands are clearly on my family. 
Today's joy comes from the arrival of Evelyn Grace.  I came down to Portland early this morning.  Nicole's water was broken, and now we wait in anticipation for Evelyn.  For me, this is exciting and joyful.  The birth of babies are on the the greatest miracles and I can never get enough birth-days.  ....Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment